In the last few weeks, I have been reviewing the recipes of my blog.
Today, I decided to post a new recipe. I have a new kitchen and I am loving spending a bit of time baking in it.
For 9 small muffins:
- 1 rotten banana
- 140g flour
- 90g sugar
- baking powder
- some chocolate chips cookies (I don’t really measure, I do it spontaneously)
- 1 egg
- 50g butter
- 1 tablespoon of yogurt
First mix sugar and egg in a bowl. Then add, flour, baking powder and butter. Then the butter.
Smash the banana and then add it to the mixture. Add some chocolate chips.
Pour in muffin tins and then bake at 180°C and bake for 25 minutes.
I had two bananas left over and they were beginning to rot so I decided to try use them in my blueberry muffins. Actually I am really happy with the result as the mix of bananas with blueberries is really tasty.
For 8 muffins
- 2 rotten bananas
- 90g white sugar
- 140g flour (I used 90g white flour and 50g wholewheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 125g of blueberries
- 50g butter (for low fat muffins, replace the butter by 50g of low fat yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon of low fat yogurt (it is to make sure that the muffins are not dried)
Preheat oven at 180°C.
Make the butter melt in a pan.
Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl. Add sugar and egg and mix well.
Add the baking powder and the flour. Then add the melted butter and the tablespoon of low fat yogurt or only the 50g of yogurt for the low fat version of this muffins. Stir until well combine and add the blueberries. Mix well but gently.
Pour the mixture in muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes.